• Dental Specialist – Oro-Maxillofacial Surgeon & Implantologist
• Director of the Specality Dental Center – TheSmileCentre.in, Kadavanthra, Kochi (www.SmileCentre.in)
• President – Dental Implantology Society of Kerala (DISK)
• Head of Dept. of Dentistry & Oro-Maxillofacial Surgery @ Saraf Hospital, Ravipuram, Kochi
• Clinical Master in Immediate Loading Implantology – International Implant Foundation, Munich, Germany
• Fellow – Indian Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (FIBOMS)
– International Congress of Implantologists (FICOI – USA)
– Indian Society of Oral Implantologists (FISOI)
– International College of Dentists (FICD – USA)
– Pierre Fauchard Academy (PFA – USA)
– International Implant Foundation (IF), Germany
• Recognized Basal Implant Expert of International Implant Foundation (IF), Munich, Germany.
• Has been in practice in Kochi since 1994 (20 years)
• Practice focused on Immediate Loading Basal (Cortical) Implantology for the past 6 years – has placed around 2500 dental implants which include several full mouth and partial mouth rehabilitations.
• Very active in dental tourism. Regularly treats international patients. For more info, please visit: www.SmileCentre.in/testimonials
• Was introduced to fundamentals in Dentistry by own father Dr K S Pillai, Senior Dental Surgeon
• General Dentistry under expert dental specialists Dr M K James (Kochi) and Prof. Dr. C R Ramachandra (Chidambaram)
• in oral & maxillofacial surgery under the expert guidance of eminent professor Dr B srinivasan and Prof. M. F. Baig at RM Dental College, Annamalai University
• in orthognathic surgery under the expert guidance of Prof. Varghese Mani, Trissur
• in Basic Dental implantology under Dr Srikanth Mallan, Alleppey
Advanced Training in Immediate loading Basal (Cortical) Implantology under the following experts:
• Prof. Dr. Stefan Ihde, Montenegro – famed basal implantology expert who has introduced IhdeDental Implants
• Dr Prem Nanda, Implantologist, Pune
• Dr Vivek Gaur, Implantologist, Delhi
• Dr Werner Mander, Austria – Expert in KOS series of implants
• Dr Sigmar Kopp, Germany – Expert in BOI series of implants
• Dr Henri Diederich, Luxembourg – Expert in Basal Implants
• Dr Alain Ansal, France – Expert in Basal Implants
Academic Achievements & Awards
• Graduated from Annamalai University Dental College, Annamalai Nagar, T.N. – BDS – 1990
• Completed MDS – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 1994 under the guidance of eminent surgeon and teacher – late Prof. Dr. B.Srinivasan
• Gold medallist and best outgoing student from the Annamalai University Dental College in the year 1990
• Secured Gold medals in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontia and Periodontia.
• Recipient of the Colgate Palmolive merit awards, LPKR Ramanathan Chettiar Endowment Prize.
• Recipient of the Dr.Veerabahu Runners up award for All Round Activity (IDA Kochi branch) for the year 2000.
• Received the Keki Mistry trophy for the best scientific activity among IDA Local branches for the year 2000
• General Secretary of the Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital Council – 1988.
Career Related info:
Member of the following Professional Organizations:
• Life member of the Indian Dental Association (IDA)
• Life member of the Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI)
• Indian Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (IBOMS)
• International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
• Indian Board of Oral Implantolgists (ISOI)
• International College of Dentists (ICD), USA.
• Pierre Fauchard Academy (PFA), USA
• Kochi Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (Founder Member)
• Founder member of the Trauma Life Support Society (TLSS)
• Social Security Scheme of the IDA (Founder Member)
• Tamil Nadu Dental Graduates Alumni Forum
• Member of the Lodge Susrutha
• Delivered lectures on General Dentistry, Oro-Maxillfacial Surgery & Basal Implantology in several conferences, both Indian and International
• Conducted several workshops and continuing dental education programs in Basal Implantology – for more info, please visit: www.ImplantWorkshops.in
• Published several articles and delivered lectures on General Dentistry and Oral & Maxillofacial surgery.
• Secretary cum Treasurer of the Dentofacial Esthetic Center (DEC), Saraf Hospital, a chartiable trust involved in treating patients with dento-facial deformities, who belong to the low socio-economic background.
Personal interests, hobbies etc.
• Trained in South Indian Classical Music – Vocal and Percussion.
• First place in All Kerala Percussion (Eastern) Competition held at Ernakulam in 1984.
• Best Cadet of the 21 Kerala Battalion NCC(Army)–Senior Division Boys Wing –1985.
• Has won prizes in various music competitions conducted at the school, collegiate and university levels.
• Undergone basic training in Yoga and Meditation under experts.
• Active participant in social service league activities.
• Life Member of the Chinmaya Mission – Nettapadam Road, Kochi-16.
• Patron of the “Rasikapriya” Cultural Society – Ernakulam, Kochi.
• Life member of the Regional Sports Centre, Kadavanthra, Ernakulam.
• Member of the Bharat Vikas Parishad
• Member of the Rotary Club of Cochin Midtown
• Married to Dr Sreeja Pillai, Associate Dental Officer, TheSmileCentre.in, Kadavanthra, Kochi
• Son – Vivek (pursuing his BBA LLB course) & Daugther Neelima (IVth. Standard)
• Father – Dr. K.S. Pillai, a senior dental practitioner who has been practicing for more than 40 years
• Mother – Late Mrs. Saraswathy Pillai who retired as the joint director of the National Employment Services.